Why to Optimize Images for Website?
“Why is my website slow?” this is one of the most common question among the webmasters and bloggers. There is lot of factor which makes your website slow on which image plays one of the most important roles in website speed. Text doesn’t take long time to load but images can take long time to load so here we need to optimize images for website.
One of the keys to getting good SERP (Search Engine Ranking Position) on search engines is page load time. Google does not love such pages which take long time to load. Faster the website, happier and more the visitors, the more traffic the more sales.
What is Smush.it?
Smush.it is the WordPress Plugin which is powered by Yahoo. Smush.it uses optimization techniques specific to image format to remove unnecessary bytes from image files. It is a “lossless” tool, which means it optimizes the images without changing their look or visual quality. After Smush.it run on a web page it reports how many bytes would be save by optimizing the page’s images and provides a downloadable zip file with the minimized images files.
1. Login to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Click on “Plugin” menu.
3. Click on “Add New” Plugin.
4. Type “Smush.it” in search box and click on “Search Plugins” button.
5. Find “WP Smush.it” from search results and click on “Install Now”.
6. You are done. There is no settings and configuration.
If you have already lot of images and want to optimize images for website then run older Images through Smush.it
1. Under the “Media” click on “Bulk Smush.it”.
2. Now click on “Run all my images through WP Smush.it right now” button.
Now check your page speed you will feel huge difference in page speed. This is the way optimize your images for website and decrease the load time of your website.