Previously I have wrote many articles on Google Adsense. Here I will describe the easiest way to attract advertisers from across the globe to your blog or website. To get approved for Google Adsense see my previous post adsense approval and information. Once you are approved by Google Adsense it will place contextual ads linking to products likely to appeal to the readers. Each time a reader clicks a link, the advertiser pays Google a small fee, and Google splits that with you.
Many webmasters are earning lot of money from it and many are asking – How to Make Money with Google Adsense?. Here I have some more tips and tricks to increase revenue from Google Adsense program.
1. Follow the rules mentioned in Adsense Policies. You will always earn more revenue from Adsense.
2. A common mistake always webmasters do that is asking visitors or relatives to click their Google ads. It will ban you for this program forever. Don’t label Google ads with text other than “sponsored links” or “advertisements”.
3. Never modify the Google Adsense HTML code.
4. Google is more than smarter as we think so “don’t click on your own ads“. Don’t reload your page excessively for testing the layout of website and google ads.
5. Don’t place ads in pop-up windows, error pages or even empty pages.
6. For Long articles, CTR improves if ads are placed somewhere in middle of the content (see how to post ads in middle of the content). Visitors read the long content and then they are looking for more resources.
7. For short article, CTR is best when ads are placed just above the content.
8. For Low CTR pages, try changing titles or adding more content to better focused ads.
9. Use Text Ads instead of image Ads as users get more options. If you still want to display image ads, consider ad formats that support image ads. Choose 300×250 medium rectangle or the 160×600 wide skyscraper.
10. Blend your Google Ad unit well with your site theme because Google Ads without background color and border always perform better. Make the border color and background color same as your page background color.
11. The larger rectangle is the best paying adsense format (336×280). Google Adsense Publisher team also feels that the best formats are the wider ones. The ad formats that contain the widest individual ads. Try to use the 336×280 large rectangle, 300×250 medium rectangle or 160×600 wide skyscraper.
12. Try to put your ads above the main fold. Make sure that the ad unit with the highest CTR (Click Through Rate) is the first instance of the ad code that the appears in the HTML. Since the first ad unit is always filled before the rest, you want to make sure that ad unit is located in the best placement on your page.
13. Placing images next to ads or above ads does help in attracting user attention.
14. Blend Ad Links with other navigation links or place horizontal ad links at the top of your webpage. Adsense publishers are permitted to click on link unit topics on their web pages, provided that they do not click on any Google ads on the resulting page.
15. Try to put your ads on those regions where your website draws more user attention.
16. You can put up to 3 ad units on a page so try to put large skyscraper on the right navigation sidebar of your website because that area is close to the browser scrollbar. You can also add 2 adsense for search boxes, 1 add link unit and 1 referral button per product.
17. The first few lines of your content is most important factor for determining what ads are served on your webpage. That’s the right place to put keywords in bold or header tags (eg h1, h2 etc).
18. Select the setting to open Google Adsense search box results in a new browser window, so you won’t lose your visitors and it also help to increase the visit length. Click the open search results in a new browser window checkbox and this add target=”google_window” to your form tag.
19. Don’t syndicate full content. If people can read everything from the newsreader window itself, why would they visit your website where your ads are is.
20. Block low paying advertisers with filters. Why to lose a visitor for single cents. Use Overtune or Google Adwords Keywords tool to discover keywords that are less popular with advertisers.
21. Use URL Channels to determine performance of individual pages. I recommend to use Google analytics, Statcounter to create a channel for each of the URL. You can even track Adsense Clicks with Analytics.
22. The Adsense for search Top Queries report show you what your users are looking for, by listing the 25 most common searches conducted through your Adsense for Search Boxes. Use this report to identify additional topics to add to your site, or to keep track of your most sought-after information. Focus and improve that content.
23. Use RSS to Email services like FeedBlitz, Rmail or Bloglet to let users subscribe to your blog by email.
Google don’t offer the best advise always so download adsense unload facts .